Archbold, OH
Cloudy
Cloudy
12°F
 

Neighbor, AFD Battle Williams Street Fire




Archbold Fire Department firefighters examine the damage to an exterior wall of a house at 203 East Williams Street, Sunday, Sept. 5. The cause of the blaze was traced to an overheated outdoor light fixture. A neighbor attacked the blaze with a garden hose before firefighters arrived.– photo by David Pugh

Archbold Fire Department firefighters examine the damage to an exterior wall of a house at 203 East Williams Street, Sunday, Sept. 5. The cause of the blaze was traced to an overheated outdoor light fixture. A neighbor attacked the blaze with a garden hose before firefighters arrived.– photo by David Pugh

A Sunday, Sept. 5 fire at a home at 203 East Williams Street did about $3,000 damage, Archbold Fire Department records indicate.

AFD was called to the house fire about 11:42 pm.

Andy Brodbeck, Archbold fire chief, said an outdoor light fixture with a highwattage bulb overheated, setting the vinyl siding ablaze.

A neighbor, Ray Stetten, 205 E. Williams, was using a garden hose to battle the blaze when firefighters arrived, Brodbeck said.

The house is owned by Brad and Crissy Rittenhouse, rural Napoleon. It is rented to David Gonzales and Mary Zamora.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *