Archbold, OH
Mostly cloudy
Mostly cloudy

Breaking News: Garage Sale Correction

Blue Streak Soccer Club

Boys U-18

The boys U-18 team traveled to Napoleon, Monday, Sept. 22, returning with a 2-0 victory over the junior varsity. The teams traded unsuccessful shot attempts in the first half. Three minutes after the halftime break, Lucas Burnett pounded in a goal after Austin Short passed the ball forward.

With seven minutes remaining, midfielder Justin Allison sealed the victory when he launched a powerful left-footed shot from the corner of the 18-yard box that found the net just beyond the outstretched hands of the Wildcat goalie.

The Streaks went on the road again, Saturday, Sept. 27 to take on the Eastwood Eagles JV. Archbold midfielder Aaron Bontrager found the right side of the net in the 12th minute after Burnett assisted with a nice pass. The 1-0 lead held through halftime.

After the break, in the 62nd minute, defender Nathaniel Rodriguez brought the ball up the right side, avoided a trip to pass over to Short, who quickly passed on to Jarett Lerma for the score. Archbold held on for a 2-0 victory.

Turning in another shutout effort were the Streaks’ keeper Jonny Lantz and defenders Burnett, Josh Cuellar, McCaylen Croninger, Garrett Waidelich, and Chase Gingerich.

The two wins improve Archbold’s record to 6-1. The team returns to action, Saturday, Oct. 4, 5 p.m., hosting the Defiance JV.

Boys U-11

The Archbold Blue Streak boys 11 and under soccer team traveled to Toledo to play Glass City, Thursday, Sept. 25.

Seth Mayer started with the first goal within the first minute-and-a-half of the game. Kegan Ott was next; Mayer then scored his second and third goals before he was moved back on defense.

Jack Fisher and Alex Weaver each followed with goals in the first half. The Blue Streaks stayed on a roll in the second half.

Fisher scored with an awesome cross from Ott, who then also scored. Austin Welch scored two goals; AJ Short scored one; and then Ott scored again.

Jared Kidder scored twice, first with an assist by Curtis Wooley and then an assist from Kyle Kinsey. Glass City then caught Archbold playing around with the ball in the penalty area, and worked hard to score its only goal for the 14-1 final.

The Blue Streaks traveled to play Black Swamp Club east of Toledo, Saturday, Sept. 27. Mayer was the first to score for the Streaks after 12 minutes, but Black Swamp countered at 17 minutes to tie the game.

Archbold became frustrated with a lack of pushing and tripping calls, and Black Swamp dominated more, resulting in a second goal 29 minutes into the first half.

The Blue Streaks, with the help of guest player Ian Radabaugh, kept on fighting to score but were pushed out of the Black Swamp penalty area.

Goalies Michael Weigand, Kidder, and Kinsey made great saves, but Archbold’s offense wasn’t able to score again, and the Streaks lost 2-1.

Their next game is Thursday, Oct. 2 against Defiance Strikers.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *