Fire Department Called To Smoke Investigation
Smoke from a faulty furnace brought out the Archbold Fire Department about 1:54 pm, Thursday, Feb. 25.
Andy Brodbeck, Archbold Fire Department chief, said firefighters were called to the home of Sandy Sauder, 400 Murbach St., to investigate smoke in the residence.
Brodbeck said when firefi ghters arrived, they discovered
a haze of smoke throughout the house. Electricity
to some rooms of the house was out.
Firefighters eventually traced the problem to the electric furnace. A heating element had burned out, creating the smoke.
An electrician was called, Brodbeck said.